Select a theme

Select a theme

Theme selection will affect the look and feel of your menu, footer, font and heading colors (e.g. Style = Header1) used throughout the site.

Here are important considerations when selecting a theme:

  1. Your theme will contribute approximately 10% to the look and feel of your web site. The remaining 90% is made up of your content and images (Created using the drag and drop visual page designer). Important: The pages and images that you add will play a significant role in determining the look and feel of your web site.
  2. The themes are designed to work with your content. For example, if you select template 1 and change your mind later, you can select a different theme which will still work with your content.
  3. Theme settings allow you to change menu and heading colors.
  4. Imporant: Themes that use white backgrounds are easier to work with when using images. Reason: Most images already contain white backgrounds so they blend easier on a web page that also uses a white background. If you set your theme background to dark grey, you will need to either have a white border around your image, or use an image editor to match the background color of your image to your theme.

The following section explains how to select a theme.

In the menu on the left, go to “Theme”, then “Theme Selection”

theme-selection

The available themes will load. Click the “Customise” button to change settings of the active theme. If you would like to activate a different theme, Click the “Activate” button while hovering your mouse over another theme.

theme-selection-list

Once you have clicked the “Customise” button, you can change the various theme settings such as fonts and colors (See example below). Important: Before adding any page content, it is advisable that you decide on the theme that you would like to use. Continue trying out all the themes until you find a theme that you like.

Setting menu colours

Below is an example of changing the menu link colors in the “Header” section.

theme-options

 

Setting text heading colours throughout your web site

Expand the “Colours” section. Set the “Heading text colour” to change the colour of any text that is set to use style “Heading1” or “Heading2,3,4,5,6” – These styles are set in the visual designer or editor when editing text content – See illustration below – by setting our heading to use “Heading1” style, the heading colour is changed to red. Don’t worry about how you get to the text styles at this stage – We just need you to understand that this is where you need to come in order to change text heading colors.

 

set-text-colour