About Us page
About Us page
When a visitor lands on your website home page and is captured by your website, the page they often visit next is the “About Us” page, which makes it one of the most viewed pages on a website. Why is this? – The answer is actually quite simple: Visitors are looking for a real company that is legitimate, honest, trust worthy and more importantly not going to run away with their hard earned cash. By explaining to your visitor who you are and what you do, you are able to build credibility and that is priceless.
Your “About Us” page should take the following key points into consideration to be effective:
- Easy to understand – Don’t assume visitors understand your products and services.
- Don’t copy and paste your mission statement – Visitors expect more.
- Explain your core business in an easy to understand and engaging way.
- Build trust by adding images. Research has shown that images of people (you and your staff) are higher rated than images of things. Don’t just use stock photos of other people. You can also add images of your office premises and labelled signs, vehicles and uniforms etc. Using your unique photos will build rapport with visitors.
- This page should be in an easy to find location on your web site. The best location is on the main menu and next to the “Contact Us” menu. Your default site configuration is setup this way.
- Your “About Us” page should contain a link to your “Contact Us” page to make it easy for the visitor to contact you.
To edit your “About Us” page, simply use the visual page designer described previously to design your page.